Welcome

Dear readers,

First of all, thank you for showing interest in my blog: economicious. I'm planning to write about economics and finance, and life as an 'economist' - everything I come across which catches my attention. So hopefully these future posts capture your attention as well.
Feel free to comment on what I write.

Kind regards,

Renate van Ginderen

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Patience warranted

It has been some time since I wrote my last blog for Economicious. Do not fear, however, as I will return within few days (at least, I hope).

A lot has happened since my November 3 post in the world of economics (not in chronological order):
  • harsh criticism on QE2;
  • sovereign debt concerns in the Eurozone periphery;
  • Trichet under pressure and ECB bond buying;
  • the rescue of Ireland (and will Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Italy and even France be next???);
  • talk on the collapse of the Euro;
  • emerging markets still growing strongly, just like Germany;
  • the US is growing still and showing better than expected data for some time, but worse than expected unemployment data last Friday;
  • some experts still believe the US will enter a second recession in 2011 although the tax cut will be extended for 2 more years for even the wealthiest Americans;
  • etc.
  • etc.
So I am just contemplating what my next topic will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment